photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Dancing in the Rain!


In life, it’s not about waiting
for the storm to pass over.
It’s about dancing in the rain!

I feel like doing a little “preaching” today!  You don’t have to read this if you don’t want to.

The quote above is one to carry in your hearts this coming school year.  There will be things that happen that will make you sad and set you back – parent complaints, disagreements with colleagues, administrator’s expectations.  You’ve got to shut your door and sing away your troubles!  Remember, it’s the children!  Put them and their happiness first and other things will fall in place.

One of my models is Dr. Fran Welch who is the Dean of the School of Education, Health, and Human Performance at the College of Charleston.  I call her the “Queen of Deans” because she’s one of the finest administrators I’ve ever known.  Fran once told me, “I never hold a grudge.  I just move on.” 

So, when it storms this year, dance in the rain and just move on!