photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Saturday, March 30, 2013

IN THE GOOD OL' SUMMERTIME


Can you see the light at the end of the tunnel?  It’s almost the end of the school year and time to start making summer plans.  I’m going to be doing my two day summer camps, and if you’ve never been I hope you’ll be able to spend a few days with me.  Teachers tell me it’s like going to a revival because you’ll remember why you became a teacher – and you’ll get so many ideas you’ll be excited about starting the new school year!
         Oklahoma City, OK          June 19-20
         Nashville, TN                 June 26-27
         Omaha, NE                     July 31-August 1
         Toronto, ON                   August 7-8

Day one will focus on literacy, and you’ll learn how to translate those Common Core State Standards into songs, stories, centers, games, and fun activities for children.  The second day will highlight meaningful math experiences and secrets of classroom management.  Here's the link to get more details:

If you’re looking for something near the beach, then you’ll want to come to Charleston for the “Techies and Dinosaurs” Early Childhood Summit on July 8 & 9.   Vanessa Levin, Sam Williams, and other amazing presenters will be joining me for this two day event.
 
And where am I going on vacation this summer?  I’m going to “Graceland, Graceland, Memphis, Tennessee…”  Seriously!  My husband has never been there and it needs to be on everybody’s bucket list.  We’ll eat some barbeque and have a BIG time!