photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Friday, April 4, 2014

FOR REAL!

Several months ago at a workshop a teacher told me about using milk filter paper to make flannel board stories. I looked online, and sure enough there was some information about it. However, seeing is believing and now I know it really does work! 

                                            
First, I went online and ordered some milk filter paper.  (With shipping it was close to $20, but I've got enough to last until I go to the nursing home!)
Next, I cut the filters to 8 1/2” x 11” sheets and put them in my copy machine.  
Finally, I was ready to make copies of photographs, characters from books, famous people…whatever!!

Here are a few ideas that I came up with for using the milk filters.

*Copy nursery rhyme characters and let children retell rhymes.

*Run off illustrations from storybooks and use them in a story telling center. 

*Let children use photos of athletes, politicians, or others to talk about heroes or what they want to be when they grow up.

*Use photos of children in your classroom for oral language or to work out problems.

*Use photos of the teacher and school helpers at the beginning of the year to help children feel comfortable.

*Let children make copies of their own drawings and use to spark writing. 
                                    
What can you add to this list?

Hint! My flannel board is made from a file folder. I stapled the sides and glued a piece of felt to the front. It’s perfect for storing pieces inside.