photo 3am_dj_home_zps919fb85e.png photo 3am_dj_about_zps7cce4c75.png photo 3am_dj_website_zps73051235.png photo 3am_dj_ss_zps6759ec2a.png photo 3am_dj_bs_zps43e27832.png

Thursday, January 12, 2017

TELL AND DRAW STORIES

I’ve been telling this story for over four decades, and it never fails to capture children’s attention. You can draw it on a white board, poster, or a sheet of paper. Of course, the children will say, “Do it again!”
                                            
One day my dog Bingo disappeared. I went to the park to see if I could find him.

When I got there I accidentally stepped on a pile of bumblebees. They came out and swarmed all around me.

I wanted to get away from them so I jumped in a pond of water. But they were still there.

I ran to the top of a hill.

When I got to the top of the hill I saw two doors with two doorknobs. I knocked on the doors, but nobody was there.

I ran down one side of the hill.

And then I ran down the other side of the hill.

Has anybody seen my dog?

          https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1SnEagA4jlja1pwNjBaOUpBeGc/view?usp=sharing

Hint! Use your dog’s name in the story.
*Children will love this story so much they will want to learn to retell it and draw a dog.
*This is the perfect time to sing about the farmer’s dog.

Here Kitty, Kitty
This isn’t quite as cute as “Bingo,” but it’s worth a “tell.”  (Yeah, I know it's a weird looking cat, but the children don't seem to mind.)
                                 
Here is Timmy’s house. It’s made with the letter T.

It has two rooms.

Each room has a chimney and a window.

Growing outside the door is tall grass.

Here’s his friend Suzie’s house. It’s made with the letter S.

One day Timmy went to Suzie’s house to borrow some milk.

Suzie took Timmy down in the basement to get the milk.

They slipped and spilled the milk, so they went back down in the basement and got more.

Timmy took a shortcut home. He went down one valley and up a hill.

Then he went down another valley and up another hill.

He gave the milk to his special pet when he got home.

Can you guess what it was?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1SnEagA4jljcTdGR0EzeDhCV00/view?usp=sharing